Newly purchased Redmi Note 12 Pro catches fire in a man's pocket (photo)

April 28, 2023  11:45

A recently purchased Redmi Note 12 Pro smartphone in India caught fire in the owner's pocket while he was working in the field. Redmi's support service has not yet responded to the incident, and the victim has stated that he is going to sue company if it does not respond to him.

Navin Dahiya, the owner of the phone, wrote on Twitter that he had bought the smartphone on February 13, 2023, the incident happened on April 11, when he was working in the field, and the smartphone was in his pocket and was not in use at that time.

Dahiya said that first he felt a strong burning sensation in his pocket, then he found out that his smartphone was on fire. He quickly took the phone out of his pocket and threw it on the ground. Dahiya himself was not injured in the incident, but the phone was burnt and no longer works.

The day after the incident, Dahiya contacted the Redmi support service, but did not receive an adequate response. He said that if Redmi ignores his request to investigate the incident and offer an acceptable solution, Dahiya would sue the company.

Recently an 8-year-old girl died in India as a result of a smartphone explosion. By the way, the smartphone was also manufactured by Redmi. In that case, the Redmi Note 5 Pro, which the girl was playing with under the blanket, exploded.

  • Archive