Power bank catches fire in Moscow school, destroying also student's smartphone (video)

May 21, 2024  18:08

In one of the Moscow schools, a student's power bank (external battery) caught fire, as a result of the fire, his smartphone also went out of order. As a result of the incident, none of the students were injured. This is reported by Gazeta.ru, referring to the Moscow Live Telegram channel.

The incident took place during a break at school No. 2036 of the Kosino-Ukhtomsk district of Moscow. According to the source, the X-charge 30,000 mAh external battery was damaged and unstable, but the student continued to use it.

According to the source, not only the external battery was burned, but also the student's smartphone. It is not mentioned what brand of device the schoolboy used. A 30,000 mAh external battery is sold in various markets for around 5,000 rubles (about $55).

The life of an external battery varies by manufacturer, but on average the device is designed for 200-300 charge cycles. However, there are more durable devices that can last more than 1000 charging cycles. To extend the life of the external battery, it is recommended to store it in a cool place, away from direct sunlight, at a temperature of about 20 degrees.

You can read why the batteries of various devices, including smartphones, catch fire and how to avoid it in this NEWS.am Tech article.

  • Archive